South African Designations
Become part of a global network and share in the knowledge, tools and experience that comes with professionalisation.
The Institute of Environment and Recreation Management (IERM) has partnered with The World Parks Academy (WPA) to provide certification and training for parks and recreation professionals in South Africa. It is focused on advancing the broader profession in a powerful partnership between World Urban Parks (WUP) and Indiana University’s Eppley Institute for Parks and Public Lands.
Benefits of applying for the South African Certified Park Professional (SACPP) certificate include opportunity to:
• Advance your professional development through recognizable accreditation
• Become part of an international network of park professionals
• Attend free monthly webinars from leading professionals in the field and receive credit for continuing education
• Share your knowledge and experience in South Africa and with an international community
• Receive a one-year membership to World Urban Parks
Certification is valid for three years and may be renewed if 30 hours of professional development is achieved during this period.